Saturday, October 1, 2011

La Sindrome di Stendhal (The Stendhal Syndrome)


I first saw La Sindrome di Stendhal at the Stockholm Film Festival in 1996. Dario Argento was in attendance and I remember feeling underwhelmed by it at the time. I had seen Trauma at the same festival a couple of years earlier and while I wasn't particullary impressed by Argento's 1994 film, this was even further away from classic Argento territory. This was of course long before the likes of The Third Mother and Giallo, so while I've grown to appreciate it since that first viewing, it's still fairly low on my list of my favourite Argento films.


It took my surprisingly long to find this locandina. You'd think the poster for a relatively recent film like this would be easy to find, but it seems quite rare and I've only seen it for sale a couple of times. I was lucky enough to get my hands on this Immagine & Strategia designed poster in september.

No comments: