Friday, August 15, 2008

I Corpi presentano tracce di violenza carnale (Torso)


Unlike Sergio Martino's previous gialli (which were produced by his brother Luciano) I Corpi presentano tracce di violenza carnale was produced by Carlo Ponti. I'm not sure if that's one of the reasons that it's got a slightly different feel to Martino's previous films, but it's nevertheless a great film. You've all seen the fantastic looking sequence when the killer is stalking one of his victims in the woods and the very suspenseful later half with Suzy Kendall locked in a house with the killer.
It's one of the gialli with the most numer of editions available on DVD, but sadly none of the are perfect. Apparently the NoShame had a one in the works as well, but since they seem to have closed their doors, it looks like a definitive version is unlikely to surface anytime soon.
And like all the other posts this week, I haven't been able to find any info on the poster design.

1 comment:

Brianiac said...

TORSO was another one of the first gialli I ever saw. That and the fact that it's a really great film make it one of my very favourites.